Home Forums SYSTEM constellation map after 50km

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      boldoo
      Participant

dear all,

after 50km optical transmission, how to keep constellation map as possible clear?
      For example, 4APSK signals generated by modulator. I can see it by Constellation visualizer. Mr.Damian knows it.

I added 50km fibers and filters. but result is so bad. I tried as 1km fiber, but signal rotated almost -45 degree.

what parameter should be consider in case of 50km? or 80. How to keep clear signal?

if you have some idea, pls kindly share

Attachments:
      Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Did you match the reference signal wavelength in the fiber with transmitter and receiver wavelength?

boldoo
      Participant

yes, reference wavelength is 1550nm at TX, RX and fiber and filters. same

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

I remember I had this problem with 100G DP-QPSK but revision 13 solved it. Are you using 13 or 12?

boldoo
      Participant

I’m using revision 13. do you remember which parameters set? and how about components ? amplifier, filter.. is that enough?

boldoo
      Participant

when I deselect “group velocity dispersion” and “third-order dispersion”, constellation map showed almost clear. just attenuated.

do you have idea about to correct the dispersion? need other components?

boldoo
      Participant

Yes, I exactly need Dispersion compensating fiber. DCF. In optisystem, i didn’t find it.

if you know it, please share me

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Boldoo,

You can use a regular optical fiber component but manually change the dispersion. As in the attached project.

Attachments:
      boldoo
      Participant

thank you dears but it can’t change phase shift. I posted another forum, please review it.

thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.