Home Forums SYSTEM Consistent crashes with \"Error while calculating, component\"

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy Creswick
      Participant

Hi,

Running the latest version downloaded earlier today:

Product Name: OptiSystem
      Product Version: 13,0,2, 166
      File Version: 13,0,2, 166

Things were working fine, however all of a sudden each time I press the calculate button the application hangs for a moment and then displays the attached error message.

It now doesn’t matter how simple I make a layout; if I just have a single CW transmitter the application will fail to calculate.

Platform is Windows 7 x64. Unfortunately I can’t easily test on another platform since virtualisation is blocked.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application a few times, but this doesn’t resolve the issue.

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Timothy,

I sent this information to our support teams (so they should be contacting you shortly).

Can you please re-attach the error message?

Thanks,
      Bryan

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Timothy,

I have the same exact OptiSystem version and platform as you, but I have not encountered this problem myself. I realize that the problem exists for any layout of components you try, but if you could please reply with an attached project that fails, I could test it out on my end to verify if the project file is corrupted.

Regards,
      Damian

Ashish Gupta
      Participant

Hey!
      I am facing the same problem of consistent crashes while calculating. What to do further?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.