Home Forums SYSTEM Connecting SMF with MMF

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear All,

I am trying to connect Single mode fiber to multi mode fiber after transmission. Please find attached the design. I am not getting any output at the fiber end.

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

The SMF signal doesn’t contain any spatial information which is required to the multimode fiber.
      Note: I haven’t check the design.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

So, how can we connect SMF with MMF. IS there any other alternative. Because in many papers I have seen people connecting physically SMF with MMF.

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

Use mode generator after the SMF then connect it to the multimode fiber

+1
      Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Thanks Abdallah Ismail. Its works fine. Connecting a Mode generator between the SMF and MMF does work.

Can you provide me with some insight of different modes of mode generator such as Laguerre Gaussian, Hermite gaussian, fiber LP. Which modes gives better results and why?

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

It depends on your experiment.
      We always use the approximated linear modes LP01,LP11a,etc

alistu
        Participant

Thank you Ismail for sharing your knowledge on space division multiplexing. In current version of Optisystem, few mode fibers are not available. Based on your experience, I would like to know if simulating SDM systems is possible using current Optisystem version (by generating modes and then injecting them into one fiber for example)? I haven’t started working in this field yet. Thank you.

Abdallah Ismail
      Participant

You can check my old posts, you’ll find good designs as a start which will help you how to adapt optisystem to simulate Mode Division Multiplexing.
      It is easy.

alistu
        Participant

Thanks. I’ll get back with more questions later. Could you provide some links to your older related posts? Thanks again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.