Home Forums SYSTEM Components

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Faria rahman
      Participant

Sir I have a few questions to ask. In BER analyzer, why are the Q-factor and other curves plotted with respect to time and why do they change with time? Can I anyway change the x-label function?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Faria,
      you can get the Q-factor data from the Project Browser (go to the component results). You may use The Report page in the layout to tabulate the Q-factor with received power or any other parameter using Grid or you may graph the results using Opti2-D graph icon on the top of the report page.
      Please refer to the Visualizer datasheet to get more information on the calculation and display process. You may access the datasheet by right click on the visualizer and select component properties …, then click on Help.

Regards
      Ahmad

Faria rahman
      Participant

Thanks sir. Another thing I am facing trouble with that running the same simulation different times without changing any of the parameter of any component is giving different results on the analyzer! I am quite confused of the functioning. Sir what could be the reason and how to prevent this?

Regards,
      Faria

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Faria,
      that is normal because the random nature of the signals that are created every time. You may disable the randomness by unselecting the Generate random seed in the Random numbers tab in the components properties window.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.