Home Forums KNOWLEDGE Component Parameters and Models [Optical System]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Question:

I am currently using a component in OptiSystem that I do not understand fully. The parameter names do not mean much to me and I would like to see exactly how it is modeled.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Answer:

In the Component Properties window, click on the Help button. The Help document has a good overview of all the parameters and what they mean. If the component is based on a model, there will be a description of it and references to research papers on the subject.

If you would like further clarification, you can always ask your model question on the Forum.

mohammed mostafa
      Participant

i think you can find illustration for that at program help

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Dear Demian Marek
      In Optical System Tutorials at:
      Home » Resources » Applications » 10 Gb/s Single Channel Transmission in Standard Mode Fibers (SMF)
      10 Gb/s Single Channel Transmission in Standard Mode Fibers (SMF) (Optical System)
      The fundamental limitation to 10 Gb/s Single Channel Transmission in Standard Mode Fibers (SMF)

I came across a paper mentioned below:
      K. Ennser and K. Petermann, “Performance of RZ- Versus NRZ Transmission on Standard Single Mode Fibers”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 8, pp. 443-445, 1996.
      I am unable to find the paper.
      can you send me the same?

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you do not have access to the journal then unfortunately there is nothing I can do. We can only reference the articles we use, but legally we cannot distribute them.

Regards

Heitor Galvao
          Participant

It is important to take care, today with the internet if a material was placed on the internet is like a cycle that never ends, always going to be someone else that will put back.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

After searching, accessed it from the internet through a link.
      Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.