Home Forums SYSTEM comparison of the performance

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

In coherent optical ODM communication system OSNR and SNR values are linearly decreasing along the length of the fibre. The various results for the different data rate from 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps are almost same for OSNR and SNR. The BER and constellation diagram is degrading as a function of the length of the fibre. what are the other parameters that can be used the for comparison of the performance of the coherent optical OFDM systems. How can we can draw the various result on the same graph for different parameters of the OFDM.
      In optisystem, one way to perform these simulation is to put the parameters in sweep mode. Another way to do the simulation is to use the script page to setup the parameters and store the necessary results.
      Have anybody tried these, please share your experience.

alistu
      Participant

I work on optical OFDM systems as a part of my university project and to compare the performance of CO-OFDM systems, I used three graphs in one of my reports:

1-BER vs. Transmission distance for different launch powers.
      2-BER vs. OSNR for different transmission distances.
      3-BER vs. Launch power of different Transmission distances.

Of course you can mix them in many ways, but I think these three graphs give you a good insight.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Thanks Alistu.
      Can you share your project report, for reference purpose only on my email drsethirk@gmail.com

alistu
      Participant

Unfortunately I cannot share it now, as it’s a work in process and it’s rights don’t belong to me. However, I can address another work on CO-OFDM in which you can find graphs more or less like the ones I talked about. It’s a Master’s Thesis from University of Denver named “HIGH DATA RATE COHERENT OPTICAL OFDM SYSTEM FOR LONG-HAULTRANSMISSION”. I’m sure it will help you.

Dr Rk Sethi
      Participant

Thanks Alistu for sharing.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome!
        It seems that you are also working on CO-OFDM. It’s great since we can share ideas you know

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.