Home Forums SYSTEM Comparision of CSRZ, MDRZ and DPSK modulation formats

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ANKIT
      Participant

Dear all,

I compared three different modulation formats named as CSRZ, MDRZ and DPSK using DCF. The design is operating at 40 Gbps data rate for the transmission distance as long as 4000 Km.

The results show that DPSK modulation format gives the best performance among all three.

Can anybody suggest me that how DPSK minimizes the dispersion in a better way among all three? Can anybody give me the comparison of these three modulation format in terms and dispersion.

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

If you are ignoring self phase modulation, then the primary reason that DPSK provides the best performance is that it provides minimal spectral content. Dispersion degrades signals more the larger their spectral content, because there is a larger separation between the fastest and slowest wavelength. At the following link you can see visually that DPSK has a more compact spectral signal.

Advanced Modulation Formats

ANKIT
      Participant

Thanks Damian,

But still can you elaborate on this give link?

Can you give some more focus on all three modulation formats in brief as far as the spectral info is concern?

Regards

Damian Marek
      Participant

If you want a deeper explanation it would be best to read something like what I have linked to below:

https://fiasco.ittc.ku.edu/publications/documents/Hui2004_15666-01.pdf

Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.