Home Forums SYSTEM Comparing results

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

hello all.. i hv a question to ol..plz i need help in this case.
      i am designig a four channel wdm system and i want to compare results of every receiver with every other receiver 4 different values of power in terms of performance…also fr diffrnt fiber lengths varying frm 30km to 150 km.. is thr way whr i can do all at the same time fr each receiver..bcz the way i am doing my results change aftr almost evry simulation run..
      thanking in advance

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi joyti raina,
      well you can do it by the sweep iterations…

there is lot of discussions on the sweep iteration in the furom..still for you convenence i am attaching a link for how to to do sweep calculations… hope this willl be helpful for you.

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi aasif sir…Thanx sir fr ur help..it indeed was very helpful to me..i also went through the graph portion bt i cant any option of putting the results on the same graph…can u help me in that…it is very necessary fr me to comapre the results of ol the receivers fr various lenghts n various power levels..
        1 more question sir..can i sweep the data rate…??
        thanx gan fr ur help…it was very kind of u..

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

As far as your problem is concerned sweep iterations seems to be the best possible solution to your problem… Do check the link posted by aasif bashir… It will surely be of help to you…

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello sahil singh sir…thanx for replying..it was inddeeed very verrrry helpful..anyway thanx agn

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello jyoti,
      Your query seems to be very confusing. As far as i understand you want to compare the performance of one receiver with performance of other receivers and that in terms of power. So for that i suggest you to keep same launching power for every transmitter and check the result for each receiver and proceed in a same way for different power levels using sweep concept as mentioned rightly by Aasif. For varying the fiber length , you can also use the sweep concept and check the performance for different lengths.
      You can go through the lesson of which Aasif has provided the link. It would surely help you.
      Regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello aabid sir thanx for ur suggestions…it really helped a lot…i kept the power level as small as possible…it was in the optimmumm range also…sir noe my problem is putting the results on the same graph…can u help me in that…it is very necessary fr me to comapre the results of ol the receivers fr various lenghts n various power levels..

MHD NA
      Participant

i suggest you to keep same launching power for every transmitter and check the result for each receiver and proceed in a same way for different power levels using sweep concept. For varying the fiber length , you can also use the sweep concept and check the performance for different lengths

jyoti raina
        Spectator

helooo MHD sir..thanx fr the reply..it was indeed helpful..thanx agn fr the suggestions..

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti raina,
      I think one way to get the graph of your wish is that :
      first get the results in terms of Q-factor and BER for each receiver with respect to length of fiber.
      Put all the values of q-factor and ber for corresponding fiber length in Excel.
      Now you can plot the graph for Q-factor and BER separately with respect to length of fiber for all 4 receivers in same graph window and now compare the results of BER and Q-factor for each Receiver.

Here i am uploading image in which i compare Q-factor for NRZ and RZ modulation formats wrt length of fiber.
      In same image we can plot 3 or 4 results as per our convenience.
      Hope this will help you.

Attachments:
        jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi ranjeet sir..m very thankful to u fr such great effort u hv put..its nice to see people helping here…i am very thankful to u fr ur gesture..
        i went through the plotting graphs chapter there but i wanna put the results on the same graph…can u help me in that…it is very necessary fr me to comapre the results of ol the receivers fr various lenghts n various power levels..

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Similarly we can plot the BER for different receivers in same window by using EXcel.
      It is easy to plot graph in Excel with good quality of image and with accuracy.
      We can change the parameters of axes. We can use logarithmic scale of decimal scale.
      I am uploading the image of BER with Logarithmic scale vs Length of fiber.
      We use logarithmic scale because BER has very less value in terms of 10^-x and x should be as greater as possible.
      Hope it would make you understood.

Attachments:
      Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

I will always suggest plotting 2D Graphs and merging the response of all the receivers and it will show you the difference.
      Thanks and Regards
      Sanjeev Kumar

jyoti raina
        Spectator

helooo sanjeev sir…thnks for the reply…what u said is what i am looking fr nw…this is my requiremnt..please can u tell me how to put the results on the same graph…can u help me in that…it is very necessary fr me to comapre the results of ol the receivers fr various lenghts n various power levels..

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi sanjeev kumar,

looks like that you know how to to give the legends or designation to different graphs merged in opti2D graph ..please share it here..

because as far i know there is problem in giving legengs to different graphs in optisystem… hence i think excel is better idea..

hope you reply soon

with regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

yes aasif sir..can we plot all graphs in sinle graph..i hv to compare the results of all receiver as i mentioned above also..i think sanjeev sir can help becoz he has mentioned that..plz sanjeev sir reply..i really nedd it fr my results..i will be very thankful to u…plz help..
        thanxs in advance

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi jyoti raina..
      you can have sweep for the data rate also
      but note that you have to fix the data rate of layout here to value greater than all sweeep value i,e data rate of layout must be greater vthan that greatest data rate of transmitter,

you have to sweep it in the pseudo random sequence gennerator….

hope you got it

with regards

jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi aasif sir…can u help in that..can u share the snapshot..i wil be very thankful to u..

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.