Home Forums SYSTEM COHERENT OPTICAL OFDM WITH VOLTERRA EQUALIZER

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sofien mhatli
      Participant

DEAR INTEREST, i work on optical ofdm equalisation, the coherent ofdm system is the one in the folder examplles i optisystem; i have developed an electrical RLS equaliser with matlab but i have problem:
      -how cn i define training symbol with optisystem
      -how can i connect training symbol to the equalizer
      i can send you the file equalizer with coherent ofdm i need the link between them and how can i calculate BER thank you

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Sofien,

I have attached an example file of using an electrical equalizer to compensate for dispersion in an optical link. I believe it answers all of your questions, although if you have written your own Matlab code for an electrical equalizer your solution could be different.

To define a training symbol you can use the Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence Generator or User Defined Bit Sequence Generator. To connect it to the Matlab component, just add another input for your device. In the Inputs tab change the Number of input ports from 1 to 2. You can then use a fork like in the example.

Let me know if this helps!

Attachments:
      +2
      GURINDER SINGH
      Participant

is it possible to include equalizer without using matlab??? is there any way to use this through optisystem??

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.