Home Forums SYSTEM coherent optical OFDM for 4 channel

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sara fettach
      Participant

Hello ,
      I would like to do a co-ofdm simulation with 4 channels, each transmit 10gbps, multiplexed with WDM, and with a single mode fiber of a length of 60km, as a result I notice that the BER is 0.48. is it normal ? and what value should i change to decrease the BER

Hi Sara,
      I think this value of BER is high. please make sure all the system’s components are matched first, I mean the Tx and Rx have their matched values also BER tester settings are correct.
      then you can play with fiber dispersion, nonlinearity to improve the BER.
      thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

KAMRAN ALI
      Participant

HELLO,

Under same CO -OFDM, I HAVE ONE QUESTION. I AM UNABLE TO DO SOME PARAMETER SETTINGS WHICH SAYS
      “FOUR receivers are designed to have the same parameters except for the center frequency of the receiver and the local oscillator which will be identical to the wavelength of the laser transmitter”
      perhaps due to unability to understand above qouted work, my co ofdm QAM module at reception after Coherent detection does not work. help needed for this
      “FOUR receivers are designed to have the same parameters except for the center frequency of the receiver and the local oscillator which will be identical to the wavelength of the laser transmitter”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.