Home Forums SYSTEM Coherent detection OFDM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fady
      Participant

I am having a problem when running fiber length or power sweeps in all the coherent detection OFDM samples. Have anyone encountered a similar problem. The direct detection sample sweeps are fine.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Fady,

Could you please elaborate more on the problem you have encountered in such systems? Is it a problem that stops the calculations during the simulation process giving errors, or you simply cannot get the right answer from the simulations? file attachment also helps if it is possible for you.

Regards

Fady
      Participant

Thanks Alistu, I am attaching the OFDM Coherent Detection Single Port Single Polarization 16QAM sample where I made laser power sweep with the log of BER. The results are not right!

alistu
        Participant

The increase in error when power reaches 10 dB is expected due to nonlinearities. I reduced the bandwidth of the filter at receiver side to 0.7*Bitrate and now the plot seems OK. I believe it can be reduced even further. So I think maybe the reason for the rise in plot at -5 dB laser power has to do with noise that is not filtered.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.