Home Forums GENERAL CO-OFDM system is not working.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nitin V
      Participant

When I tried to replace the two PRBS generator with a single PRBS generator and a Serial to parallel converter inorder to make two data streams, the system is not giving good BER. The system I am trying to modify is present in the CO-OFDM examples provided by optisystem. The modified file is enclosed here.

Attachments:
      Nitin V
      Participant

original example is also enclosed here

Attachments:
      Mohamed Ben zegalam
      Participant

Hi Nithin,

I do not understand why do you use S/P converter after PRBS. if you would like to transmit the same data, you can use fork instead of S/P converter.

Your design did not work because
      1- the input of the QAM sequence generator have to be in serial (not in parallel like what you have in your design)
      2- as far as I know, when you use the S/P converter you are not copy the data to two OFDM system. S/P will divide the data to two output (for example the PRBS generate 101110100101 so the output of the S/P will be:
      output 1====> 111100
      output 2====> 010011

kind regards
      mohamed

love kumar
      Participant

agree with mohamed .. rightly said

Nitin V
      Participant

Dear friends,
      What i need is not the replica of bit streams.The system is polarization division multiplexed CO-OFDM. My aim is to design a system consisting of only one PRBS generator. The bit stream produced by PRBS is divided into two streams and each of the OFDM system working in two different polarization should use these bitstreams. They are combined back at the receiver.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.