Home Forums FDTD Circular Lens Properties – Clipping

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Timothy McDonald
      Participant

I apologize for my ignorance as I am new to OptiwaveFDTD and FDTD in general.

I am having an issue using the Circular Lens object. After placing the Circular Lens, if I open the properties dialog I will occasionally be told that there is an “Invalid Clip Left Length Offset” and I cannot save changes I have made. This happens regardless of whether I have changed any of the lens properties. I have attached a picture of the properties window and the warning.

Is this error something I can fix or something I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

Scott Newman

Timothy,

I setup a circular lens with the same properties and was unable to reproduce the error. It is possible this might be an error specific to the 32-bit software and is not present within the up to date commercial product.

Is it possible for you to attach the design (.fdt) in question so I can verify?

Scott

Timothy McDonald
        Participant

Scott,

It may be a 32bit vs 64bit problem. “Free” software always comes with a price. I strangely cannot always replicate the error which baffles me. I have attached the FDT file. FYI I used scripting to generate the layout. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best,
        Tim

EDIT: Included the wrong file

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Timothy,

It does appear to be a 32-bit issue as I cannot reproduce it in the new product. From quick testing it would appear to be when the value -0. is used. If you change it to 0 you should not see the errors. Let me know if this sorts things out for you.

Scott

Timothy McDonald
      Participant

Not an easy answer, but I appreciate your help Scott.

Scott Newman

Timothy,

Agreed, not ideal but it should allow you to continue with your design. You could also check out the current version of the product through a 30-day evaluation.

Scott Newman

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.