Home Forums GENERAL Chirped signal

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear friends

i would like to know
      1))))what is the chirped optical signal???If any friend have literature on it then please attach with the answer.
      2)also let me know that whether this signal is chirped or not as shown in the attached fig which is being obtained in my simulation where 2 probe signals and one pump signal interact with each other in a SOA and due to XPM,chirped output is obtained.

plz give your valueable comments here.i need your help and i will be highly obliged for this help
      regards
      jawad mirza

Naba krushna Sabat
      Participant

1)chriped signal means the signal whose frequency changes w.r.t. time, it may be increase the frequency or decrease the frequency.
      2)on your attatched image the amplitude of the signal changs is quitely visible, but frequency changes a little, you can see the time axis after 100p,200p,300p.try to change the frequency more.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

dear Naba

thanks a lot for your reply.i am trying to manipulate the setup as per your advice

best reagrds

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Naba

Plz let me know how to measure or get the plot of chirp in optisystem?
      i will be very grateful to you if you help me in this regard
      regards
      jawad mirza

Damian Marek
      Participant

Chirp is the instantaneous change in frequency, derivative of the phase w.r.t time. To measure the chirp in the plot you attached, you need to choose one of the polarizations to inspect. Click the Power X or Power Y tab. Then you can enable the Analysis checkbox on the right and choose to display the Phase pr Chirp.

The chirp and phase are not well defined when the power is close to 0 therefor it makes more sense to measure the chirp of individual pulses.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Sir D.Marek

Again i am highly grateful and obliged the way you help out the researchers.I really admire you.
      Sir,i want to get plot between chirp and time.The chirp signal will be the at output of the SOA where multiple optical signals are combining.The shape of the required plot and the my simulation screen shots are being attached.plz sir give 2 minute out of your busy schedule and help out me how to plot chirp with time
      Regards
      jawad mirza

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.