Home Forums SYSTEM changing parameter of matlab component

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mai fouad
      Participant

how to change some parameters in the matlab component to be able to plot a curve of the effect of this parameters using matlab program and run optisystem project automatic without need to change these parameters and run the project manually at each time ?

Damian Marek
      Participant

You can perform this functionality with Parameter Sweeps. Double-click the Matlab component in the OptiSystem layout and choose “Add Parameter”. There you can name your variable and give some constraints on the values it can take. Creating this parameter will then create a variable in your Matlab workspace when the program is run, so you can use it in any of your calculations.

To perform multiple sweeps with different values for this parameter change the “Mode” from “Normal” to “Sweep”. In the value box, click on the small table icon. From there, you will be able to change the total number of sweeps and the values the variable takes.

Hope this helps!

mai fouad
      Participant

but this matlab component followed by another components in the system and i want to calculate BER at each time of running (i.e i want to take a vector containing all BER calculated for each run )

Damian Marek
        Participant

If you connect something like the BER Test Set to the output and run a sweep, OptiSystem will save the data for each individual sweep, which will allow you to determine the effect on the BER.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.