Home Forums SYSTEM change MZM to MZI

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MHD NA
      Participant

Hi everyone;
      i work on optisystem 7 and want to design RoF using MZI (Mach-Zehnder interformeter),unfortunately i didn’t find this component MZI.
      i found MZM, so how i can change MZM to MZI or what can i do?

Thanks;

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome to optiwave mohammed.MZI mechzender switch is present in optisystem 7 .Go to to default>filters library >optican and then mzi .you can just drag it to project and start working on it.If you will have anu issue then share with all other forum member.Hope you got your answer.Thank you

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Sam Sung;
      I know the component you tell me about, but i need MZI with one input and one output as in other simulation softwares.
      Do you have any idea about that?
      Thanks for help

alistu
        Participant

Hi Mohammad, Could you specify the application you want this component to have in your system? In other words, what change is exactly supposed to be made to the single input of this component in the output? because you might be able to get the performance you have in mind using the available Mach-Zehnder Interferometer. Thank You.

Ashu verma
      Participant

hi Mahammed, as far as i know MZI switch has two input ports and two output.Even i have read some papers and their diagrams indicates about coupler two ports.One thing you can do that connect null signal to one port as i have seen in DPSK receiver.But didint get exactly which MZI switch you referring to.Even i have looked it in another software,component is same as in optisystem.

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi alistu, I want this component in RoF application as shown in the attached file.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Thank you Mohammad. Could you also address a paper in which this structure has been used, so I would read more about what the MZI does here?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.