Home Forums SYSTEM Can't open files designed in Optisystem14 in 13version

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi all,
      I am unable to open the file designed in v14 in my earlier version (v13). The trial period of v14 has ended and since my license is now working for v14 I am unable to use v14 further. Is there any solution to it? This is really a serious issue. If the software functions like this, I think it will be a destructive one for researchers.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Gokul,
      you are right and they mention that Optisystem is not forward compatible, This may be Optiwaves Business policy, I don’t see any other season for this. I have worked in many simulation platform but this one is the first to face this problem. In most of the software they add new features in newer versions and those are not available for older version users, This may be something acceptable for the licensed users but the way Optiwave is doing is really not acceptable. I asked if there is some way to convert those file made in Optisystem 14 to support in Optisystem 13. Still There is no answer.
      So dear Gokul it would be better to design the all the same file again in optisystem 13. it would be waste of time for waiting help in this issue.

Regards,
      Dhiman

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Gokul,

I agree with dhiman kakati that Optisystem is not forward compatible and it is clearly mentioned… As suggested it would be better to design the same files again in optisystem 13.. That is the only feasible solution as of now…

Regards,
      Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi gurukul boro, and dhimen kakati,,,
      i think damian sir in one of the post clearly revealed that the optisytem is FORWARD compatible but NOT backward compatible…
      this means that the .osd files designed in older version will open and work in new versionss.
      but the .osd file designed in new versions can not be acessed or opened in the older versions…
      with regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hello Aashif Bashir dar,
        I really agree with you that damian clearly said the optisytem is backward compatible but NOT forward compatible, but there should be some way for licensed users because we are also suffering as the previous dongle is not detected by OptiSystem 14, and upgrading a license is not an easy task for us, we have to request the respective authority of our and follow some steps it takes lots of time and it is really a tough job buying for maintenance. It is better to for design from starting.

Regards,
        Dhiman

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hello dhimen kakati,

optiwave have recently revealed there version 14 of optisystem, but they clearly provided us the instructions how to ugrade the license …

i was previously working on optisystem 13 .. using dongle license… now the software version has been upgrade to 14 with out any problem in obtaining license frm the dongle.

with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Everyone. Greetings from my side.

I am currently using optisystem 13. Does this mean that if i update my tool to version 14 (which i may anyway in coming week or so) then my file accessing would become difficult?
      One more thing i really want to ask is about the availability of version 14 for 32-bit operating systems. My system is not compatible to optisystem 14 as it is available for only 64 bit operating systems. please any solutions how and where could i get update for my 32 bit PC.
      Regards
      Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Aasif Bashir,

Do you mean to say that optisystem is forward compatible as well ? Please let me know if you are able to open the files designed in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14 as well ? Waiting for your response..

Regards

Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hisahil singh,

yeah optisytem is FORWARD compatible but NOT backward compatible…this means that the .osd files designed in older version will open and work in new versionss.but the .osd file designed in new versions can not be acessed or opened in the older versions…

you are able to open the files designed in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14 as well.

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

any suggestions

HELLO AASIF BASHIR..

I think it is not always true..there have been many posts regarding the issue when members are not able to access files deigned in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14… This problem is getting more common now as people are updating to version 14..this issue must be looked upon as soon as possible..
        Also there must be a 32 bit supported optisystem 14 as mentioned by atul sharma..
        @ atul sharma..you can’t find the 32 bit optisystem anywhere on the optiwave website..Only 64 bit optisystem is available for now.

Thanks & regards

Atul Sharma
          Participant

Hello fayiqa Naqshbandi. Greetings.

I completely agree with you. I myself saw many threads where it has been mentioned regarding the issue when members are not able to access files deigned in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14. but my prime concern here is the availability of the 32 bit operating system supported optisystem version 14. I don’t understand how i am going to update now as i am in dilemma now. I hope we get 32 bit optisystem available soon on the website.

Regards
          Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi atul sharma,

there will be no such diffullties..you will to able to open or editthe files designed in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14 as well.

but you may get problems in getting the optisystem 14 in 32 bit…you contact to optiwave people for that…. i am using the 64 bit

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Aasif Bashir,

Thanks for the reply… Indded this compatibility between various versions of the optisystem seems to be an issue… I think the optiwave should be backward compatible as well… Anyways.. Hope optiwave people look into the matter

Regards

Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Aasif.

Ok thank you for the help. I wish to update my optisystem to the latest version as it has also included the C language which is a big bonus but then this 32 bit problem. Unfortunate.
      This must be resolved. If you are giving 64 bit operating system users an option to avail version 14 then why not same for 32 bit operating system users. I hope there is some up gradation soon.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi all…
      there is no such problem with the backward compatibility of the optisystem and i think the 32bit operating system may have some compatibility issues. You should mail the optiwave people to get your problem rectified.
      with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Zulkarnain. greetings from my side.

Well yes Indeed it needs to be sort out by the optiwave team why optisystem is not available for the 32 bit operating system users. I really want to explore the C language option provided in the newer version. it can solve many problems of mine. Right now am working with Matlab but i find C very easy. Anyway i hope such issues are resolved as soon as possible.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

I agree that addition of C language is a big bonus.. I hope optiwave team looks into the matter of upgradation of 32 bit operating system.. Lets hope for the best..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi Sahil Singh.

Well yes Indeed it needs to be sort out by the optiwave team why optisystem is not available for the 32 bit operating system users. I really want to explore the C language option provided in the newer version. it can solve many problems of mine. Right now am working with Matlab but i find C very easy. Anyway i hope such issues are resolved as soon as possible.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi fayioqa nashbandi and atul sharma…
      you arewelcome..
      i already told here that update of software to version is available in 64-bit, for 32 bit contact to optiwave people.

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Aasif. Greetings from my side.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi all,
      As far as the issue regarding the backward and forward compatibility is concerned, there is a definite issue with opening files in the newer version from the older versions like optisystem 10 and optisystem 13. I have seen many complaints regarding it and i hope optiwave will take good care of it in best possible way.
      It will be also worth mentioning here that optisystem 14 for 32 bit machines is not yet available but yeah looking forward for that too.
      Regards

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi Aabid Baba,

Your viewpoint is very valid as far as the issue regarding the backward and forward compatibility is concerned… I also am aware that thereth is a definite issue with opening files in the newer version from the older versions like optisystem 13 and optisystem 14. ITs a thing worth looking for the optiwave people..
      Regards
      Ankita Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ankita Sharma,

Indeed as allready discussed this compatibility seems to be an issue with the optiwave.. Hope this issue gets sorted out by the optiwave support team…

Thanks & Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi SAHIL SINGH,

Thanks for your response.. Also as mentioned in the various previous posts hope that this compatibility issue will be sorted out sooner rather than later…

Regards
      Ankita Sharma

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi Gokul,
      you are right and they mention that Optisystem is not forward compatible, This may be Optiwaves Business policy, I don’t see any other season for this. I have worked in many simulation platform but this one is the first to face this problem. In most of the software they add new features in newer versions and those are not available for older version users, This may be something acceptable for the licensed users but the way Optiwave is doing is really not acceptable. I asked if there is some way to convert those file made in Optisystem 14 to support in Optisystem 13. Still There is no answer.

Regards,

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

HELLO AASIF BASHIR..

I think it is not always true..there have been many posts regarding the issue when members are not able to access files deigned in optisystem 13 in optisystem 14… This problem is getting more common now as people are updating to version 14..this issue must be looked upon as soon as possible..

Regards

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hello Everyone. Greetings from my side.

I am currently using optisystem 13. Does this mean that if i update my tool to version 14 (which i may anyway in coming week or so) then my file accessing would become difficult?
      One more thing i really want to ask is about the availability of version 14 for 32-bit operating systems. My system is not compatible to optisystem 14 as it is available for only 64 bit operating systems. please any solutions how and where could i get update for my 32 bit PC.
      Regards

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.