Home Forums BPM Cannot generate scattering data file (.s file)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I would like to ask some question regarding the scattering data file.
      I need to convert the .s file in OptiBPM in order to use it in OptiSystem, but i keep getting the pop up,
      “Unable to generate the Scattering Data file. The data is inconsistent. Please ensure that the script used to generate it follows the Scattering Data Script guidelines”.

Can anybody share anything regarding this matter?

By the way, I’m trying to convert the multimode interference splitter in OptiBPM.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Please attach your project file so I can see what is going on.

This is my file. It is just a simple MMI splitter.
        I generate the scattering data script using the following data:
        initial wavelength: 1.534
        final wavelength: 1.554
        steps: 21

Then, i run the scripts. In the analyzer, when i would like to export it into the scattering data in polar coordinates, it said that “Unable to generate the Scattering Data file. The data collected is inconsistent. Please ensure that the script used to generate it follows the Scattering Data Script guidelines.”

Attachments:
          Damian Marek
          Participant

The problem here is that the waveguides did not extend all the way to the end of the simulation domain (Wafer Length). Changing the end point of both output waveguides to 660 um will fix this problem.

Thank you Mr Marek.
          I got it already. Thanks for your fast response. I’ve been thinking about this for days.

THANK YOU.

aji jedod
      Participant

i am also had same problem “Unable to generate the Scattering Data file. The data is inconsistent. Please ensure that the script used to generate it follows the Scattering Data Script guidelines”

here i attch file

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.