Home Forums GRATING can I use optigraitng to simulate this?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Alvin
      Participant

Hi,
      I want to simulate a type of waveguide with some parallel gratings(The attach file shows more details).I once hoped to use optigrating and optibpm to achieve that.But actully,I can not do it.So,I want to ask if they can do that or maybe need some other softwares.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Alvin,

What kind of waveguide do you have? (Planar, Channel, Fiber, etc.) And the grating? (Long period, Short)

Alvin
        Participant

Hi,
        It’s a plannar waveguide with long period gratings.The attachment is the cross-section the waveguide.

Attachments:
      Tech Support
      Participant

The best choice for the first analysis of this problem might be OptiBPM. It is a diffused planar waveguide, so OptiBPM has the most tools for dealing with the waveguide. The BP method can be used for long period gratings, because the propagation is paraxial and the coupling is two co-propagating waves. OptiBPM will be accurate but computationally intensive, especially to create a spectrum from this. OptiBPM must simulate one wavelength at a time.

To create a transmission spectrum, it would be best to use OptiGrating in the Other Waveguide mode. Then use results from OptiBPM (overlap integral, modal index) for the input required in the Mode Properties dialog box of OptiGrating.

Alvin
        Participant

Thanks you for your suggestion. Could you please tell me more details about how to set gratings in Optibpm? I have tried to use User Function Profile.But I’m not sure whether I am right.

Tech Support
          Participant

A periodic structure would be most easily created with the VB Scipt.

Alvin
          Participant

Thank you again for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.