Home Forums SYSTEM can i run two versions of optisystem simultaneously?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      faiz iqbal
      Participant

Hello!
      i have already installed optisystem 7.0 on my windows 7. now i want to install optisystem 14 trial version.i want to know if this is ok to run both.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi faiz,

i think tere might be problem in doing soo. itz better to unintall optisystem 7 and use for trail or evaluation version of optisystem 14, for one month. after one month you can reinstall optisystem 7.
      i my self had optisystem 7 and i installed optisystem 14(licenses version), it lead to problems

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello faiz!
      you can easily do it. You just need to load another operating system on your PC and install version 7 on one user account and version 14 on another user account. I myself have done it once. Was using two versions on two different user accounts. All you need to do is just load two operating systems on your PC.
      I hope it helps.

Regards

+2
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,
      thanks aabid for your response
      have you tried that any time on your PC, and if that had worked for you with any difficulty of showing errors.
      or this is mere suggestion that that it may work.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello asif, you are welcome.
      Yeah i have tried it and it works fine provided your license has not expired or the evaluation period for any version you are working on. I used to Optisystem 7 and optisystem 13 at the same time. There is no such issue. All you have to do is operate your software on different user accounts on your PC.
      Regards

+1

Hi all

Is this true for both optisystems being the licensed ones or it is necessary for one of them to be a trial version?

+2
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Burhan Num mina llah,
      I don not have any idea regarding them being trail or licensed. As i mentioned , i had one licensed and other was trial version. I don’t think it must be an issue. If you have two separate users i mean operating systems on your PC, then you need not to worry about their operation. No doubt system becomes a bit slow but that is how it goes when you load two windows on your PC.
      Hope it is helpful.
      With regards

+1

hi Aabid

Thanks it was just some curiosity to know otherwise if one has licensed versions of both then one should obviously opt for the latest one rather than sticking to the older.

Regards

+9
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome Burhan num mina llah,
      I have no idea about both of them being licensed versions. I was putting forward my case.
      I believe that there must be no problem even though both are licensed versions. The main component there is your PC. When you load two operating systems on your PC it is just like using two separate PCs. So i don’t find a problem. But yeah it also depends for how many users you have the license otherwise it is not an issue.

Regards

+1
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

sorry i myself had alot of problems while installing two versions of optisystem 7 and version 14 on my self, so i was curious is this possible to have both softwares on same hardware.

thanks for your reply aabid

with regards

Hi all

Thanks Aabid it surely would be like that. It might not matter on being licensed or trial version.

Regards

+2

Hi everyone.

I have two operating systems running on my PC and have installed the software in both the operating systems.It does make your system a bit heavy.but its fine as long as it solves your problem.
      Now the question is about the version of optiwave being licensed or not.That should in any case not be an issue.

But i suggest you to install the new version on a diffrent PC rather than a installing it on the same PC in a diffreent operating environment.Installing it on a different PC will help you to work on both simultaneously 🙂

Hope its helpful

Thanks and Regards

+5
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,
      I second you on that. The system does become slow although you can manage with that too and if you read my comments above i had mentioned the same thing but thanks for clearing doubts about the software being licensed or trail version.
      Regards

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.