Home Forums SYSTEM can anyone know why I cannot get a clear BER diagram?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lisaaaa
      Participant

see my design in the attachment file.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Lisaaaa,

I am trying to troubleshoot the system you have mentioned, but I think it would help much more if you please provide some background information about the system (and perhaps address the paper which you are trying to reproduce the results of if there is any, or any background papers)?

Regards

Lisaaaa
        Participant

Hi Alistu
        I have make some improvements on my design and could you help me to find the problem of this. See my improved vision in the attachment.

As you mentioned the background information, my aim is to set up a ring network to identify optical power management issues.In this WDM ring network, there are four nodes.In each node, there are two transmitters supply two different frequency signals into the main network. I have no idea of why this system is wrong.Maybe some mistakes in the value of those components.Please help .Thank you so much.

Attachments:
          alistu
          Participant

A cursory analysis of your design shows the dispersion compensating fibers are not correctly set. To be more specific, you have to determine how much DCF you want to use for a specific length of the optical fiber and then set the dispersion and the dispersion slope parameters according to that.

Lisaaaa
          Participant

Because I have no idea to determine these values, Would you show me a correct model base on my design? Thank you.

alistu
          Participant

Please refer to the following link in which I have provided an answer to the same question a while ago, regarding dispersion compensating fiber and how to make configurations for it according to the main SMF used:

How to Extend Transmission length

Regards

Lisaaaa
          Participant

Thank you alistu.
          I follow you suggestion and changed the dcf parameters.But my model still not work,please help me to correct.Thank you so much.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.