Home Forums SYSTEM Calculation Cancelled

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andriy Bendzyak
      Participant

Hello, after I lunch simulation, I’ve got message “Calculation Cancelled”. Can anyone help me with that? I don’t know what to do.

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Can you attach your project or see if there are any error messages in the Calc. output window. Generally there will be an error before the simulator wraps up all the components.

Regards

Andriy Bendzyak
        Participant

Error in Pseudo-Random Bit Sequence Generator: The sequence length, or the product between the parameter bit rate and global time window is zero.

Attachments:
          Damian Marek
          Participant

Hi,

Some of the variables in OptiSystem are used by multiple components to calculate results. Bit rate is one of those! If you are a beginner the best choice is to change this global bit rate setting (along with the Symbol rat, which should equal your bit rate for NRZ modulation).

To change it globally double click anywhere on the layout and modify it from the Layout Parameters. In this particular case you modified the bit rate in the PRBS Generator, so the global value was not updated. The BER Analyzer is then expecting a different bit rate and time window then is actually being transmitted.

Cheers!

Andriy Bendzyak
          Participant

I fixed bit rates, but now program is crushing during CW Laser calculation.

Ravil
      Participant

I would advise to check the match of sequence length in PRBS and global settings…

Ravil
      Participant

I don’t have an access to OptiSystem at that moment, but you should be able to check you sequence length in PRBS properties and global setting by right click on your topology screen.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Just make the change that Damian quoted simulates normally.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

See these topics will help you get a good foundation in the theory and operation of the program.
      link1:

Optsystem software

link2:

REQUEST

Another interesting tip you can use the tool help you click with the right button in the component and click on “components properties” when open you can be in the bottom right corner of the help option, there’s going to have what it takes to take your questions and besides it has bibliographic references.
      Sucess.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.