Home Forums GRATING Bragg grating cladding modes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Konstantaki
      Participant

Hello,
      I have just downloaded Optigrating and start to learn of its capabilities.

I am particularly interested in Bragg gratings with a tilt angle and to simulate the corresponding cladding modes in the spectrum.

I can see that there is an option for tilt angle in the grating description tool bar so I will start from that but any help on whether such simulation is in principle possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
      Mary

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Mary,
      As we know that OptiGrating is an implementation of the Coupled Mode Theory of optical gratings. This is a powerful tool for the analysis of coupling and reflection among guided modes of optical waveguides and fibers. OptiGrating also has specialized modules for simulating
      physical conditions such as temperature and strain on the grating. I would suggest you to go through the tutorial link of optigrating which mentions how to design a fiber bragg grating and its other design characteristics. I hope this would help.

Fiber Bragg Grating

Regards

Hi.
      I agree with Mr Aabid Baba. you should try to go through the tutorial of Optigrating that will give you an idea how to design it. I am attaching a link of a video. You may go through it.

Hope this will help.
      Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.