Home Forums FIBER BPON Network issue

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mahmoud Hanouneh
      Participant

Hello there,
      Here is a BPON network from the Samples Folder in Optisystem.
      An modification was added by me to the network by adding an EDFA Amplifier in order to increase the optical pulse quality

The problem is once I edite the power in (WDM-transmitter) inside ONU .., then the Q.Factor becomes “0” ! and BER indicates to “1” !! ((IN UPSTREAM))

So, could anyone of you guys help me with this ..
      Thanks,

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Mahmoud,
      It is not clear what are the changes that you’ve made. Which Example did you use as a basis for your design?
      You may email me the modified project as a zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to check it out.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Mahmoud Hanouneh
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,
      I would like to thank you for your response first.
      what happens exactly is that I am using BPON Bidirectional from the Examples Folder of the latest optisystem version 18.
      I have made some changes on it in order to enhance the Q.Factor measured at ONU (downstream) and (upstream).
      the changes are:
      1- increasing the power in (WDM-Transmitter) at OLT to 0 dBm instead of -3 dBm.
      2- increasing the power in (WDM-Transmitter) at ONUs to 0 dBm instead of -3 dBm as well as setting Extinction Ration to 15 dB in all ONUs.
      3 – I have added an EDFA Amplifier downstream.
      4 – Also, I have added an EDFA Amplifier in upstream.

THE PROBLEM IS the Q.Factor in upstream is 0! And sometimes the simulation process is sticking on Calculating EDFA step. But, Q.Factor at ONUs in downstream increases massively and seems to work properly (reaches to 800).
      However, i am going to send you the .osd file that i am working on to <a href=”mailto:ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com”> ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com</a>

Regards,

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.