Home Forums SYSTEM Bit rate

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lim jorn
      Participant

Dear all,

I wonder that when I design the optical system from the central office to the ONU with 10Gb/s. How can I split the bit rate to the end user from 10Gb/s. For example ONU1 is 1Gb/s, ONU2 is 0.5Gb/s…..?

Best regard,

alistu
      Participant

Hi lim,

When a value is assigned for bit rate in global parameters, it is by default chosen for all of the PRBS generators which use script mode to determine bit rate. You can change the bit rate value for each subscriber by changing bit rate from the PRBS generator. Please see if this helps.

Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Lim,
      I am fully agree to Alistu sir that if want to have different user with different bit rate we change bit rate of PBRS.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi lIm…
      I agree with Alistu Sir that you can change the indivudual bit rate locally in PRBS generators.
      I am sure that the information you are requesting can be found in OptiSystem manuals. The example of Global data rate usage is shown in Lesson 6 (if I am not mistaken) online. You can also check the optsystem documents for the information about global parameter window and PRBS generators.
      For your reference i am attaching a link which might be of some help.

OptiSystem – Getting Started

SAHIL SINGH
        Participant

hi zulkarnain.
        how can we do that. please can u tell me where i find this and how i do it. i have to increase my performance. the link u provided says something about script. what is this script and how we do it.. does it have any effect on the performance of the system. i hope u rely to my question. thanks in advance

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.