Home Forums SYSTEM Bipolar Encoding

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Dear All,
      In OCDMA systems, Hadamard code is used for bipolar encoding. when bit 1 is transmitted light is sent to encoder while bit 0 is encoded by the complementary of the encoder. How to implement this system ? any idea about how to switch the data bits ?, thank you.

Dr. Hamza

No answer !!

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Dr. Hamza,

Sorry for the wait. I’m not very familiar with Hadamard code. Do you have a scientific article you are trying to reproduce, that could help me understand your problem a bit more?

We have an example of OCDMA and we use fiber bragg gratings to emulate encoders/decoders at the following link:

OCDMA Network Design

Thanks

Hi Damian Marek,
      Have a nice day..

I hope you reply me faster.. In the attached file, when bit 1 is transmitted light is sent to encoder while bit 0 is encoded by the complementary of the encoder. How to implement the red colour part of this system ? any idea about how to make switching for the data bits ?, thank you.

Dr. Hamza

Hi Damian Marek,
      Have a nice day..

I hope you reply me faster.. In the attached file, when bit 1 is transmitted light is sent to encoder while bit 0 is encoded by the complementary of the encoder. How to implement the red colour part of this system ? any idea about how to make switching for the data bits ?, thank you.

Dr. Hamza

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi,

I have made an optical switch layout for you. It uses couplers and phase modulation to direct the incident light to either the first or second port of the final coupler. I am not sure how you are modulating the signal so I used a train of Gaussian pulses. Using the user defined bit sequence generator you can choose which bit is 1 and then route it accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Hi Damian Marek,
      Good day..

Can you please modify the design without phase modulation ? Why you used “user defined bit sequence” ? and what is the setting of these “user defined bit sequence” components?, thank you.

Dr. Hamza

Hi Damian Marek,
      Good day..

Can you please modify the design without phase modulation ? Why you used “user defined bit sequence” ? and what is the setting of these “user defined bit sequence” components?, thank you.

Dr. Hamza

Damian Marek
        Participant

Thanks for reminding me Dr. Hamza! Jaffar is correct about the use of the User Defined Bit Sequence generator, it is to control the switch, so that a binary 1 is switched up and a binary 0 is switched to the bottom port.

I have attached an amplitude modulated switch, you can replace the CW Laser with your input signal.

Hope this helps!

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Dr.Hamza,

the first user defined bit sequence is used to modulate the light wave. the second user defined bit sequence is used to set the switching speed. i think the phase modulator is essential to perform switching function by switching the polarization of light.

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi,
      can anyone help me to desing a SAC OCDMA based on tow code keying

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi Dr.Hamza,
      can you help me because its your idea

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.