Home Forums SYSTEM Bidirectional WDM PON

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Arpita Singh
      Participant

Greetings to all
      I have tried implementing the attached paper but am not getting the desired output. My query is especially related to the splitter and the dynamic y select. Whether parameters are correct or not. Another query is about the simulation time required as it takes about 55 minutes. I am attaching 2 files, one with wdm mux-demux splitter and other with 1*N splitter. What is the difference between both the splitters?

Hi Arpita,
      just quick comments that might help.
      1. I suggest to trace your design step by step and check the output for each component sequentially till to catch the source of the error.
      2. time of calculation depends on the number of iteration and the complexity of the schematic.
      3. the difference between demux 1XN and Splitter 1XN is that demux is a combination of splitter and filters followed the splitter. so after the signal is split then it would be filtered. please check the data sheet for each.

Hopefully these comments help
      thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

Arpita Singh
      Participant

Greetings Sir

Thanks a ton for replying. My design needs 7 iteratons. I have got the results and the components are working properly but the problem relies on:
      1. I am not getting the exact output as the reference paper.
      2. The parameters put in Dynamic Y Select used in the onu (of business, building, school mall and residence) are correct according to my design or not.
      3. Can I replace 1*N splitter with WDM mux-demux splitter in the subsystems because i am getting better results then.

I’ll be highly grateful on being enlighten on this further.

Thanking you
      Arpita Singh

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.