Home Forums SYSTEM Bidirectional GPON System based on Fabry Perot Laser

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nguyen Tien Anh
      Participant

Hi,all
      I’m simulation models Bidirectional GPON. using a 10 Gb/s signal for downstreams and 2.5
      Gb/s OOK signal for upstream. Fabry Perot Laser receives downstream and data upstream. but FPL output unlike CW laser output.I do not know why this is so

alistu
      Participant

Hi Nguyen,

I did not exactly understand what you mean by the output of Fabry Perot laser not being like the output of CW laser in your above statement. In order to explain it more clearly can you please upload your implementation file here if it is possible, or elaborate more on the issue please?

Regards

Nguyen Tien Anh
      Participant

Thank alistu
      Fabry Perot Laser input receives downstream and data upstream. but FPL optical spectrum output at user no shape CW laser optical spectrum output at OLT
      I send you the model I’ve simulated

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

If you are refering to multiple power peaks being there in the spectrum of FPL, it is due to the way Fabry Perot laser works, and the wavelength of the peaks and their distance correspond to the resonance of the FPL. But in CW laser, just one single frequency is always generated (with a non-zero linewidth, of course).

Nguyen Tien Anh
      Participant

thanks for answering
      I tried to change the parameters of the spectrum FPL to create varieties with CW laser, but I can not make the spectrum FPL as the same spectrum CW, so when you change the parameters FPL may create a frequency spectrum CW like it?

alistu
        Participant

If you are asking whether it is possible for FPL to create just one wavelength like CW laser, I don’t know the answer for sure as I haven’t done so. However, if you would like to have just one wavelength, then why don’t you use CW laser instead? Using filters and the output of FPL is another option.

Nguyen Tien Anh
          Participant

I’m simulation system GPON that architecture wavelength reuse as shown so can not use a CW laser other. you know how to FPL spectrum similar spectrum CW laser is not?
          thank you

Attachments:
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.