Home Forums GENERAL Bi-Phase Modulation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Friends
      Hope you all will be fine
      Plz let me know how we can simply implement BPM optically in optisystem?
      Regards
      Jawad

BPM is a numerical method used to solve the wave propagation. it is already used in form of SSFFT to solve the wave equation in optical fibers.

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Mohammad

I am asking as we implement OOK in directly modulating a pulsed laser by PRBS pattern,in the same way how we will connect components to implement BPM(biphase modulation)?

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Moreover Mohammad Abouseif,plz do a favor and let me know one more thing
      I am importing eye-diagram analyzer data to matlab to get eye-diagram but i am just getting a curve just showing the outer boundary of the eye not eye diagram as in optisystem(plz look at the eye obtained in matlab in the attached figure).Plz tell me how i will get same eye in matlab as in optisystem?
      regards

Attachments:

Hi Jawad,
      when you import the data from optisystm, you will have a two colons on is time and the second is values. But if you see the time is repeated to each trace so to plot the eye diagram correctly in matlab you have to plot the curve the same number of traces using the data.
      just to check idea use excel and plot the curve in scattering format so you will see the same eye diagram figure.

hope that answer your question.
      thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

muhammad jawad
      Participant

thanks abouseif

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.