Home Forums SYSTEM Bessel optical filter

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      K.Kowsalya Devi
      Participant

Please tell me what is the purpose of placing bessel optical filter after loop control?

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      Typically, in circulating loops there is(are) amplifier(s), which you’d like to remove the produced ASE from the signal. Thus, you place an optical filter after the loop.
      Please let me know if I’ve answered your question as I don’t have your design and just guessing about the components used.

Regards,
      Ahmad

+1
      K.Kowsalya Devi
      Participant

Thanks for the quick response sir.
      This is the carrier suppressed RZ model.The eye diagram achieved is not accurate.
      In order to obtain a better eye pattern which parameter should be varied Sir?I’m awaiting for your response sir.Thanks in advance.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      Which version of OptiSystem are you using?
      First, you need to make the transmission condition suitable to receive a good quality signal and good eye. Then you change the conditions slowly to what you need. This can be achieved by making shorter distances, less noise in the system, etc…
      All, of these parameters are design parameters, that you need to adjust.

You may go to OptiSystem example library for working examples that you may use to improve your design.

K.Kowsalya Devi
      Participant

please tell which parameter is used to reduce the calculation period in optisystem 7.0

Ahmad Atieh

hello
      unfortunately, we don’t support OptiSystem version 7.
      you need to have valid software and valid support and maintenance license to get support.

K.Kowsalya Devi
      Participant

Thank you sir,i have attached carrier suppressed return to zero format design sir.please tell me where is carrier suppression taking place and how does it takes place and also what is csrz?? Thanks in advance sir..Currently, i am using optisystem 15 version sir.

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello,
      As I’ve mentioned we can’t support version 7. We require valid maintenance and support license to provide support. I recommend watching the following webinar at the link:
      https://www.gotostage.com/channel/d900ec5d9e904423aa1e873d8dc5df83/recording/7a35bc68aba8438bad76098e6b5abf41/watch?source=CHANNEL
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.