Home Forums SYSTEM BER TEST SET

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

hi friends.

iam unable to understand how to generate ber plot using BER test set… can anyone pls help me

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

The BER Test Set (BERT) performs the direct error counting for one or more sweep iterations of a defined sequence length of bits. From this data it is possible to determine the bit error rate (BER) for each iteration and the running average of BERs. If you apply dual polarization then using this you can see separately for X and Y polarization, I think using BER test set you can see bit error rate quantitatively not graphically. to see the graphical plot you have to use another component called BER analyzer available in the visualizer library.

Regards

can u pls tell me how we can know quanititatively…

alistu
          Participant

Hi Voodi,

The BER test set gives the bit error rate on an empirical basis, meaning that for example if 1000 bits are transmitted and 20 of them have been detected incorrectly, the error given by BER becomes 20/1000=0.02. But BEr analyzer calculates the error based on the eye diagram parameters.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear voodi, can you tell me with respect which parameter you want to plot the BER. then it will be more clear to us.

Regards

+1
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Voodi,
      Just right click on the BER and go to component results and you can see all the results quantitatively, you can also select the results then again no need to go to component results, you can directly see the results below the component i.e. BER test set. Hope it helps.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Voodi, you will get all the details there, double click on the component then go to help there you will find all the details, this is applicable for all components.

Regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.