Home Forums GENERAL BER test set

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

(Awaiting moderation)

(Awaiting moderation)

Aseel Rwaidi
      Participant

Hello,
      I’m simulating a QPSK-RoFSO system, the problem is that when I use the BER analyzer in the system, it doesn’t give any results even though the system constellation gives a proper diagram, on the other hand when I replaced PRBS with the component BER test set, the value doesn’t seem to show minimum for a BER value as in a BER analyzer as we usually know for an acceptable value BER must be less than 10^-9 , it gives result of bit error rate quantitatively where only the decimal value appears with a higher value of 0.2 or 0.39, or the log BER value is displayed constantly – 1000.
      So what is the maximum BER test set value for a good BER for the system?
      And if I want to plot a BER graphically versus distance using a BER analyzer, what is the correct way to relate the BER test results with a BER analyzer to obtain a BER curve graphically?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Aseel,
      you should be able to get all related metric information from BERT analyzer. Please check the graphs/results in the project browser or right click on the BERT component and choose Component view or Component results to view the different available results and graphs. The component will graph the BER versus the length of the fiber (parameter that you sweep). This feature works with single swept parameter not more.
      please email me your project as a zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com if you need more information.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Aseel,
      you should be able to get all related metric information from BERT analyzer. Please check the graphs/results in the project browser or right click on the BERT component and choose Component view or Component results to view the different available results and graphs. The component will graph the BER versus the length of the fiber (parameter that you sweep). This feature works with single swept parameter not more.
      please email me your project as a zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com if you need more information.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.