Home Forums SYSTEM BER and eye diagram

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      boldoo
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m doing 16QAM signal. I got constellation diagram. but , i can’t get any result about BER and eye diagram. it is still null.

please help me to find where i did mistake.
      See attachment.

Thanks a lot

boldoo
      Participant

is there must be DSP when I want to get BER and eye-diagram?

for star-16QAM, there is no DSP in Optisystem. how can I get almost real values for BER?

boldoo
      Participant

my schema is attached. Eye diagram is seems like very big. is there any way to correct it?

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

Hi Boldoo, the main functions of DSP are forward error correction (FEC) encoding, constellation mapping (MAP), fiber nonlinearity compensation (NLC), up-sampling (UpS), electronic dispersion precompensation (EDC), Nyquist prefiltering. As far as I know there is no DSP in OptiSustem. This component (written in Matlab) can be found in ‘100 Gbps DP-QPSK System with DSP’ example.

Ravil
      Participant

Usually, to get BER values you should compare the PRBS from generator to the ones you obtain from receiver for each channel. Can you, please, upload the screen shot of your scheme as well?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Ravil makes some good points, but I will also point out an error in your project. A common mistake for calculating the BER is using the BER Analyzer for a QAM signal. Since in your design you are detecting the QAM seqeuence and then generating a new one, the eye diagram will be near perfect with no noise.

Search the forum for BER Test Set examples or you could also use the error vector magnitude estimation from the constellation diagram.

Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.