Home Forums SYSTEM BER analyzer problem in Coherent detection QPSK system

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mahmudul Islam
      Participant

I simulate the coherent detection QPSK system file from optisystem 13 samples but the min BER is 1 and Q factor is 0. Can anyone help me???

Mahmudul Islam
      Participant

Please any expert help me

jagan padhy
      Participant

Hallo everybody,I am also finding the same problem in BER analyser.eventhough eye diagram is comming but the values of q factor and ber rate is 0 and 1.so please help,anyone experts

Damian Marek
      Participant

You will notice that in our most recent project files we no longer use the BER Analyzer for Advanced Modulation formats. Constellation visualizers or BER Test Sets are used to calculate the BER.

The reason being the BER Analyzer approximates the BER from analyzing the noise and eye characteristics. However, in the example you attach the electrical signal is being regenerated right before the BER Analyzer creating a signal with no noise or distortion in any way, even though the signal might actually be regenerated incorrectly.

Priti Garg
      Participant

hi Damian

I read in one of the posts that there is a bug in BER test set, i am using it to find BER for an ofdm based system can u please clarify.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.