Home Forums FIBER BER Analyzer at FE-OCDMA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Aria Aledavood
      Participant

Hi,
      I am an IP engineer , I used below sample to check the received BER on Router side that is connected to ONT at customer domain,
      I dont know much about the optic calculation , i want to know why the BER analyzer result for MIN BER is so high at first and end of bit period?

is there any way to analyze data for longer period?
      thanks

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aria,

The period you are referring to is the bit period. When the BER is at its lowest level for the time instant=0.6 bit period, it means if you make the decision about the bit being ‘0’ or ‘1’ at that instant, you would have less error, because the eye opening is at its maximum at that specific time instant (as you can see in the eye diagram).

Regards

Aria Aledavood
      Participant

Hi Alistu,

thanks ,it helps.
      if i want to find the BER value for specific amount of Data with different fiber distance in this sample should i use the BER test set?

is there any way to get Graphs from BER Test set?

thanks in advance

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Aria. BER test set gives BER on an empirical basis (for example, if 2 of the 1024 transmitted bits are incorrectly detected, the BER would be 2/1024=1.95e-3 using BER test set) whereas BER analyzer uses the eye opening and Q-factor to calculate BER. To find BER you can use either of these.

In order to draw BER vs distance using either of the two aforementioned components, you can use OptiSystem sweep mode for the length of the fiber and then using project browser, draw the curve.

Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.