Home Forums SYSTEM BER analyzer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisaaaa
      Participant

I want to see the results using BER analyzer . I try to connect the BER analyzer but I am not getting the good results. I am attaching my files kindly check whether they are correct or not or how to improve the design.

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Lisa,
      In your design in each case you are multiplexing two wavelength or frequency but I have seen that same data you are applying same data to both the wavelength because you are using fork for the both the measured laser component. That means same data transmitting in different optical carrier, what advantage you are getting for that please let me know. and same data you are applying (because you are using fork) ie. copying the same data to two wdm add and drop component. can you refer me the paper which you are trying to realize. I am a bit confused. Thanking you.

regards,
      Dhiman

Lisaaaa
        Participant

Hi Dhiman. Thank you for your reply.Sorry about my expression.
        To make it clear, my aim is to design a ring network with amplifiers to identify optical power management issues.
        In my design, eight channels run in the ring network and it is required to use multiplexer and demultiplexer.

In all,my design maybe wrong. It is required to use multiplexer and demultiplexer in a ring network.Also, it is required to identify power management issues which result from several factors,like wavelength dependent loss in fiber;wavelength dependent gain in amplifiers;channel to channel insertion loss variation in multiplexer and demultiplexer.What the design should be like to realize this function?Please help.

HELLO LISA..

I couldn’t understand your implementation.. All i could get was same as Dhiman has mentioned in the previous comment.. Can you tell what are you designing and what are the implications of your design… I could see the add drop functionalities as well..
      It will be more convenient if you try to explain what you are implementing.
      Thanks & regards

Lisaaaa
        Participant

Hi . Thank you for your reply.Sorry about my expression.
        To make it clear, my aim is to design a ring network with amplifiers to identify optical power management issues.
        In my design, eight channels run in the ring network and it is required to use multiplexer and demultiplexer.

In all,my design maybe wrong. It is required to use multiplexer and demultiplexer in a ring network.Also, it is required to identify power management issues which result from several factors,like wavelength dependent loss in fiber;wavelength dependent gain in amplifiers;channel to channel insertion loss variation in multiplexer and demultiplexer.What the design should be like to realize this function?Please help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.