Home Forums GENERAL back to back circuit

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

Can any one say what this back to back configuration is. In one of my work, which is based on fiber optical parametric amplifier, the paper just mentions a Back to back circuit to compare it with the same . But there is no explanation or diagram of it.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Leeba,

A back to back system is a system without the channel. It is as if the system consists of the transmitter and the receiver only. Sometimes the system is considered back to back to show the effect of the channel when it is added to the system in the papers.Otherwise, it is not realistic.

Regards

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Thanks a lot, alistu, for the information .

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Leeba.

Regards

Leeba Babu
      Participant

i have attached the image of the circuit which i am currently working on.Can you please say how it can be modified as a back to back circuit. Does it means removing the 2km HNL-DSF shown in the figure ?

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Here is the circuit

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Yes, you should remove the fibers. As I mentioned, back to back means there is nothing between the transmitter and the receiver. In other words, the channel (the part of a telecommunication that processes data in a way that might affect its information in a way we don’t know) should be removed to have a B2B system.

Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.