Home Forums SYSTEM Back-To-Back BER Measurement

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Though I have got ideas regarding B-T-B BER measurement from our forum members, still I have a Query

How come the B-T-B BER very close to BER of a 50 km link. please refer attached fig.

kindly clarify

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Essakamithu
      From the screenshot you have attached of back to back signal and 50Kn signal the power penalty id very less along with the change in Ber value.Could you please attaceh the system file,Have you used any EDFA or booster.What is your input power(Varied) have you considered non linearities of fiber?What id value of power penalty at acceptable limits of bER 10^-9?

K. Esakki Muthu
      Participant

Dear Sam Sung,

above has taken from a research article. This is just an example. Most of the papers simply shown the BER curves as shown above. I couldn’t understand their concept. How the BER of a 50 km link will be very close to Back-to-Back BER?

alistu
        Participant

Dear Esakkimuthu, I don’t think the curves in the figure you are referring to are VERY CLOSE the way you put it (Of course, being close is a relative term). If you take a closer look, you see the error in the 50 kilometer system is at least one order of magnitude greater than the error in the back-to-back system.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.