Home Forums BPM AWG simulation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ruoyu Z
      Participant

I rewrite part of the sample of optiBPM9 called AWG_SA_Template.bas to creat a renew AWG Layout,which in profile”AWG_renew11.bpd”below,but don’t known how to simulate it. It seems like there’re something wrong after I set inputplane and want to observe the mode, and I can’t simulate it with 3D simulation button either,even when using the original sample “AWG_SA_Template.bpd”, there exists such problems as well.

so I really want to know how exactly I can simulate a AWG and to see its Transmission&Wavelength in output ports
      sincerely expecting your helping

Attachments:
      Scott Newman

Hello Ruoyu,

The AWG cannot be modeled in one single simulation due to distance and curvature of the waveguides. Each segment must be modeled with the phase and amplitude from the previous section used in the input plane information. There should be another sample AWG_Star.bpd which is the output star coupler from your example generated from that script. Please review the notes in that example to understand what is being done.

Scott

ruoyu Z
      Participant

hi Scott
      emmm,what if there’s only one input waveguide?

Scott Newman

Ruoyu,

I am not certain what you are asking, you would have to change the design accordingly.

Scott

ruoyu Z
      Participant

Scott,

thanks!

Ruoyu

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.