Home Forums SYSTEM AWG and Onu connection

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      koll
      Participant

In the system AWG NxN bidirectional. How does it distribute it wavelength to ONU?

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Koll;
      These are some information (taken from Help section) may help you and if you have any question you are welcome.
      The AWG is an optical device based on inferential phenomena, and it has a periodic behavior in the wavelength domain. The input optical signals in each port are routed to a specific output port depending on the signal wavelength and the input port number. Upon the optical signals entering from a given input i and routed to an output port j, the AWG behaves like a passing-band periodical filter, its power transfer function having repeating at a fixed wavelength called free spectral range (FSR).
      The transfer function from the input i+1 to a given output j has the same shape as the previous transfer function of input i, but is shifted on the wavelength axis by an wavelength interval , another shift separates this second transfer function from the transfer function between the next input i+2 and the output j, and so on.

AWG can be fabricated which are able to act on “dense” comb of wavelengths, routing more contiguous wavelengths of the comb as if they were a single one. An parameter called coarseness C represents the number of contiguous wavelength channels belonging to the wavelength interval, , routable to the same output port.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.