Home Forums SYSTEM attenuation simulation prblem,please help!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      wei Liu
      Participant

Hi,dear engineers,I am an optical engineer from China,and i confronted a problem confused me a couple of days,i try to silulate a optical path attanuation,and it also realated to michelson interferometer,the osd document is attached,my problem is that if i want to monitor the power output of the optical path,i must add the”iteration times”very high,sometimes 5-8,and i should add the optical power meter indext too,if i try to add the iteration time to 10,the error appears also as the picture attactched,it remind me that“error at calculationg componet”,but what seems strange is that,we i turn the iteration time down to 8,the error disappears,but meanwhile,i could not add the power meter index anymore,and as a result,i could not see any figures in the power meter,and i want to know why this happen,and could someone tell me how could i figure out my prblem,thank you very much!
      yours sincerely Liu wei from China!
      Looking forward to good answers to my questions,thank you again!
      My email adress is:liuwei7755@163.com

Attachments:
      wei Liu
      Participant

the error is as attached

Attachments:
      wei Liu
      Participant

are there anyone could solve my problem?thanks!

Damian Marek
      Participant

I tried your simulation and it simulates “ok” for me. I don’t get an error message, but for larger amount of iterations the simulation takes a lot of memory. Maybe you are running out of memory and getting an error. There was also missing a connect from the D5 fiber to the C5 coupler, I don’t know if that was on purpose but it means no signal will reach the later components.

Regards

wei Liu
        Participant

Dear Mr.Damian Marek,thanks for your prompt reply,and I am glad to tell you that I have solved my problem by agree the terms of the option,please see the attached picture,i totally agree with your opinion that their are larger amount of iterations,so the software are out of memmory,but i still do not understand why the problem get solved by chosing the options,could you explain for me?thank you very much!
        Thank for you reply again!
        Have a good day!

Damian Marek
          Participant

Yes, I should have suggested that myself! I think the real important parameter here that you changed is the “Parameterized” parameter. This forces transmitter to only create parameterized signals NOT sampled signals. If you look at the documentation you will find that the parameterized signals only include information about the average power, center frequency and the linewidth. A sampled signal needs a time dependent power value for the complex field for two polarizations, which means a lot more memory is needed to represent it. Really it is a trade off in accuracy vs memory/speed. If you are doing a straight power and loss simulation for a lot of components (like it seems you are doing) the parameterized signal is probably your best bet.

The Synchronize parameter is making less of an impact on your simulation and I don’t think you need it enabled here. I am little less familiar with what it does, but according to the documentation it forces bit rates and sample rates to be powers of numbers. From what I understand this can make the FFT calculations much quicker in the simulation. Since you have a CW Laser and no bit generators I don’t think this will have an impact on your design.

Damian

wei Liu
        Participant

Dear Mr.Damian Marek:
        It is glad to write to you again in a week,firstly,i want to thank you about your reply about my last question,and now I am confronted with another problem as followed:
        I have successful constructed 2 OSD projects,and when i try to built a new one,error appears,two consecutive dialog box appears as attached,seems to tell me that the software could
        not allocate engough memery for the project,and it sugget me change another folder,and i do as they suggeted,but still failed,please tell me what are the problem was and how could i solve it,thank you very much and have a good weekend!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.