Home Forums SYSTEM ASK Demodulator

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

I want to design ASK modulator and demodulator and then calculate the BER of that system. I created ASK modulator in Optisystem 13 and its working fine. But I am unable to implement demodulator and calculate the BER. Kindly Help.
      Thanks in anticipation.

File is attached.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Ahmad,

Fortunately, there is no need to implement amplitude demodulator in Optisystem by yourself; You can use the “electrical amplitude demodulator” component for this purpose. To choose the component, please go to the demodulators section in the receivers library to choose the component.

Regards

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

thanks alistu for your response I have used it but it does not give me NRZ pulse back to calculate the BER. it give some strange signal

alistu
      Participant

Here I have attached the case with the electrical amplitude demodulator being used at the receiver side. As you can see, the signal shown in the last visualizer is more or less the same as the one shown in the first visualizer, which shows the bit sequence. I don’t know why the BER analyzer does not show results, even now that more or less the same sequence has been regenerated.

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

A bundle of thanks alistu You are more than a nice professor ……….. 🙂
      May God Help you in all walks of life always….. ❤

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

The version 13 has some problems with BER analyzer but in version 7 its doing good Thanks again alistu

alistu
      Participant

You’re welcome Ahmad! and good luck on your research.

By the way, if the BER analyzer gives you results in version 7, you can also see if the design I have attached also gives results. It is simpler with less components and according to an OptiSystem sample. The BER analyzer doesn’t show any results for me in version 13 for this one either.

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

Alistu the your new circuit is also showing in optisystem 13 for me. See this. 🙂

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

Also My supervisor says that we should not use 3R regenerator as it is very costly component. Here is snapshot of my BER in optisystem 13.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Thank you for informing me of it working. By the way, did you make any changes to my file to make it work or did you simply uploaded the same file? Because it did not work for me in Optisystem 13 before (the BER analyzer wouldn’t show the results before).

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

I just change the BER analyzer

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Do you mean to say the BER analyzer changed (and showed results)? otherwise, can you tell me which specific parameters you changed? Thank you.

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

Yes I just changed BER analyzer not any parameter of it…… 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.