Home Forums GENERAL analyzer

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      do we have any analyzer to see the component reponses…let me explain it in way,suppose i am taking two fiber of same length..but different parmeters related to dispersion,,is there any device to check the delay graphically or in any other form..

useful replies will be appreciated

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

i now got it myself???
      in optisytem we have the testset for the components(default/testset/optical)..there are electrical testset also..

Photonic All-parameter Analyzer
      The Photonic All-parameter Analyzer measures polarization mode dispersion (PMD) and records multiple traces simultaneously. It can measure insertion loss (IL), differential group delay (DGD), polarization chromatic dispersion (PDC), depolarization rate, dispersion, dispersion slope and group delay (GD).
      Ports
      The Photonic All-parameter Analyzer uses a broadband optical source that produces two signals with orthogonal polarization over parameter Frequency range, centered at parameter Frequency. The output signals from the device under test are then analyzed. Polarization graphs and the PMD coefficient are calculated using the Jones matrix method
      Additionally, the analyzer can also calculate the transmission, phase, group delay, dispersion and dispersion slope graphs.

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

also we have the analyzer for the filters
      The Optical Filter Analyzer is a test set that measures the transmission of an optical component, or the device under test (DUT), using frequency or time domain methods.
      The Optical Filter Analyzer uses a broadband optical source that produces a signal over parameter Frequency range, centered at parameter Frequency. By default, the optical field frequency response of the device is calculated in the frequency domain according to:
      H(f)=I(f)/O(f);
      Where I(f) is the signal received from the DUT output, and O(f) is the signal send to the DUT input.
      If the user selects Time domain, the power impulse response of the device is calculated first, and the Fourier transform is used to calculate the frequency transfer function of the device:
      H(f)=sqrt{F[p(t)]}
      Where p(t) is the power impulse response of the DUT, and F is the Fourier transform.
      with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi asif Bashir,

As far as optisytem is concerned we have the optical as well as the electrical test set… I suggest you to go through the Photonic Parameter Analyser… Try searching for it… It will surely be of help

with regards
      Sahil Singh

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Asif Bashir,

You have put in a lot of information regarding the question which you asked yourself… From your comments it clearly looks that you have gone through the query of yours in the right direction…Anyways Thanks for providing so much information on the topic of Optical Filter Analyzer…

Thanks and Regards
      Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

thanks sahil i got that already…still i appreciate your efforts

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi asif Bashir,

Glad to know that you got what you were looking for… Thanks anyways for the reply

Regards
      Sahil Singh

umer syed
      Participant

hi all,

in optisystem there is the provision of component help…i thing asif has posted this information of these components from there…’
      i think Photonic All-parameter Analyzer and Optical Filter Analyzer are good test sets to mold the component properties as per our needs
      cheers for that.
      regards
      umar

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi umer syed,

I agree with you on asif posting the information from the component help provided by the optisystem.. Thanks for the information…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      Dispersion plays a key role in reducing the effects of nonlinearities. However, dispersion itself can cause intersymbol interference. Fortunately, we can engineer systems with zero total dispersion but a certain amount of local dispersion along the link.
      SPM and XPM affect the phase of signals and cause spectral broadening, which in turn leads to increases in dispersion penalties. SBS and SRS provide gains to some channels by depleting power from other channels. The nonlinear interaction depends on transmission length and effective area of the fiber. Since loss in the fiber decreases the signal power, we use an effective instead of physical length.

I would suggest you to go through the following links:

Engineering the Fiber Nonlinearities and Dispersion

Group Delay and Dispersion Definitions

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi ranjeet,

kindly check the your post …. my topic was on the analyzers …..and you are posting about nonlinear and scattering effects…

with regards

umer syed
      Participant

hi ranjeet,
      please do not post irrelevant posts in the discussion.
      with regards

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.