Home Forums SYSTEM Ambient light Noise

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Yahaya Idriss
      Participant

I want to use a free space channel(FSO) in Optisystem as an indoor visible light communication channel and measure the degradation of the communication channel that is caused by ambient background noise. How can I introduce an ambient light noise into a free space channel in optisystem?.
      Thanks
      Yahaya Idriss

Damian Marek
      Participant

For white light noise a great choice would be the Set OSNR component. Using it you can easily set the noise power level to automatically create a signal with a set OSNR.

It can be found in the Transmitters Library/Optical Sources folder.

+1
      Yahaya Idriss
      Participant

Dear Damian
      Thanks for you suggestions.
      Please can you kindly check my simulation setup if I am doing the correct thing. The overview is to setup Indoor VLC link with OCDMA to suppressed an ambient light noise on the FSO Channel. I attached the simulation file for your perusal.
      Thanks.
      Yahaya Idriss

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

I am also interested in the question but I couldn’t get Damian Marek’s explanation clearly. Is the component “Set OSNR” only available in the latest version of Optisystem?

Thanks

Ravil
      Participant

Hello everyone!

If I am not mistaken, there is a white (Gaussian) noise generator component in OptiSystem. Can we use it in this case or I am missing something?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.