Home Forums BPM all optical switch

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      negar hosseinian
      Participant

can i use opti bpm for design a all optical switch with nonlinear medium based on MZI ? if not.are any system to help me?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello negar,

As you have mentioned that you want to design an all optical switch which means it must not involve any electro conversion. The processing should be exclusively in optical domain but if you go through the Lesson 14 which is about the MZ inferometer , you can learn that it is electro-optical switch. For further understanding please go through the link below.

Mach-Zehnder Interferometer Switch

Regards

sardar bahadori
        Participant

Dear Dr. Aabid baba,

There is many issue regarding work with Opti BPM. If you look at lesson 14 you will see there is limitation for using wafer size!!(L33mm,W:100 Micro). Also I attached for you before a simulation about 1 MZ waveguides. Here I attached it again. In case of my design i don’t want using diffuse material!!and I m still confused about cladding and core in this case. What do you thunk?

Your Sincerely,

sardar

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all
      Mach-Zehnder interferometer creates an electric field distribution within the substrate, which consequently changes its refractive index. If properly designed, the induced change in the refractive index leads to different coupling between individual ports.this leads to switching action.

well picked by the aabid

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello asif,
      Negar was asking about the implementation aspect of an all optical switch based on Mach-Zehnder inferometer not about the Mach-Zehnder Inferometer. Any suggestions about the implementation part of an All optical switch based on Mach-Zehnder inferometer??
      And which optiwave product to be used for the implementation?

regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      well aabid MZI—-> Mach-Zehnder Inferometer.informaters are often used as optical switchs, couplers, ans for optical sensor amplifier. so far as the software is concerned, negar was himselp talking about the OPTIBPM. and the link you attached is implementation of MZI 2X2 switch in BPM

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

HI Asif,
      But he wants an all optical switch not an electro optical switch. The link suggests idea of developing electro optical switch.

Thanks and Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

the link was provided by you, not me.but link provides an idea how use MZI as switch

i suggested that MZI can be used for application of all optical switchs.I might not that knowledge how would do that but i will surely look through it soon.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Asif,
      I want to let you know that if you go through my first comment it can be clearly inferred from the comment itself that i had posted the link just to let him know that Mach-zehnder inferometer can be used as elctro-optic switch not as all optical switch which was his requirement at first place.
      Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,
      thanks for the reply and i appreciate you response.
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome asif.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.