Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

how do i implement all optical network in optiwave ?? any suggestions

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aabid,

First, you need to determine what is the system you want to implement? Are you trying to reproduce some work, or are you trying to implement a certain system you have designed using OptiSystem? In these cases, please address the works you have in mind or the papers you are working on.

Regards

Hamada Masri
      Participant

Hi aabid baba,
      Plz, could you tell us what you need excalty? give us specific question not in general to be able to help you.

Regards,

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

All optical networks needs to be design in such a way without the intervention of electronics in it. Please specify what network are you talking about?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Aabid,
      First of all you decide which system you want to implement, then draw the schematic in paper and from that try to implement that in Optisystem using the components library that is available in optisystem. You can also go through the relevant topic design sample that is available at C:\Documents\OptiSystem 13 Samples\ and if you find any problem or error in you design, you can put that as a question in this forum.

Thanks

Aabid Baba
        Participant

The attachment here shows an Add drop function using Fiber bragg grating..when i transmit data, the signal shows fine upto fiber bragg grating…however when i check my signal (reflected wavelength) from the grating after bidirectional fiber, there is no signal response..Please can you help me in finding whats wrong or if i am doing something wrong..! i would appreciate the responses

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

thank you all..grateful to you… actually i need to design an all optical network to show how security can be implemented…leaving security thing aside , i just want to know how do we design an all optical network since i don’t have every component in optical library..do we have optical splitters and optical combiners present in optiwave library somewhere

alistu
        Participant

If you are concerned about the components, you can most probably find all the necessary components for your purpose in the OptiSystem component libraries. Power combiners and power splitters are available in the “Passive Library” along with other passive components you might need.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.