Home Forums FDTD all optical logic gates

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Poonam Jindal
      Participant

Hi,
      I am trying to implement logic gates with 2 inputs in optiFDTD software.
      My question is how to implement two inputs using the input plane source and is it possible to change the position of the input plane from the center?

Scott Newman

Hello,

Two inputs would require two input planes. Both will inject their source respectively but one will be designated as the “Key Input Field” in your simulation settings. This is the input plane that will provide its central wavelength for any calculations that may require it.

The input plane as an object will cover the corresponding cross section of your domain (i.e. a Z-directed input plane will cover the XY cross section). However, you have full control over the center and width of the field it injects.

Scott

Scott Newman

Hello,

Two inputs would require two input planes. Both will inject their source respectively but one will be designated as the “Key Input Field” in your simulation settings. This is the input plane that will provide its central wavelength for any calculations that may require it.

The input plane as an object will cover the corresponding cross section of your domain (i.e. a Z-directed input plane will cover the XY cross section). However, you have full control over the center and width of the field it injects.

Scott

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.