Home Forums FDTD Advanced Simulation Parameters,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Good afternoon,

I’m trying to simulate the optical behavior of a structure composed by an aluminum layer with 100nm of thickness and with a SU8 pillar with 400nm of height and 300nm of diameter. This structure is periodic with a 600nm pitch between the nanopillars.
      The problem is that I can’t obtain the results that I should. I think that the problem could be in the advanced simulation parameters, more precisely in the APML Calculation Parameters, I’m using the same parameters of the example in the tutorial “Sub-wavelength Holes in Metallic Film”. Is correct the use of the same parameters?
      I send in attached the layout of the structure.

Could someone help me?

Best regards,

Miguel Simões Rosa

Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hello Miguel, I have gone through all the parameters of the attached file and I found out that in profiles and materials the 2D profile defination should be same as that of 3D. Even the material should be same in wafer properties. You can just check it out.

Regards,
      Sourav

nice point, is there any result?

Good afternoon,

Thanks very much for the help.

At the date I got the same result because I’m doing 3D simulations, but I’m doing now another with better mesh parameters.
      We think that the problem is in the definition of the APML layer, please if you could take look in the document that is in attached.

In this document you can see two plots, the first one, figure 1, is a spectrum obtained with the OptiFDTD and the second one is the plot obtained with Rsoft which is the correct one ( the result coincide with the experimental results).

The position of the first dip, the narrower in OptiFDTD is correct, is very similar to the one in the Rsoft but with OptiFDTD we can’t find the second dip, the broader one. Instead we observe a lot of small oscillations that we think that are related to undesired reflections.

Thanks for the attention,

Miguel Simões Rosa

Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.