Home Forums SYSTEM Advanced modulation with WDM fso

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jaafar ali
      Participant

hi
      when i designed a qpsk system with wdm fso and increased the number of channels from 8 to 16 and keep the center frequency 193.44khz at fixed distance , attenuation , and all other parameters so when i compare the result of Log BER for 193.414 at 8 channels wdm and for 16 channel WDM i found that the value get better at 16 channel for example the value at 8 channel is -3.152 and for 16 channel is -3.192 . i think that is not true? can any one help me to clarify this point .

thanks

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Jaafar,
      both results are considered the same. you will get different result if you repeat the calculation. This is due to randomness in the simulation.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Jaafar,
      both results are considered the same. you will get different result if you repeat the calculation. This is due to randomness in the simulation.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Dear Doctor,
      Is that mean when Increasing the number of channels in the system, there is no effect on the value of log ber for a channel that i take it result ?

Dear Doctor,
      Is that mean when Increasing the number of channels in the system, there is no effect on the value of log ber for a channel that i take it result ?

Ahmad Atieh

No, I didn’t say that. I said for your specific numbers there is no difference.
      You need to check the systems’ performance by dividing them harder by increasing the range, attenuation, decreasing OSRN, etc. There should be differences between the two systems.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

No, I didn’t say that. I said for your specific numbers there is no difference.
      You need to check the systems’ performance by dividing them harder by increasing the range, attenuation, decreasing OSRN, etc. There should be differences between the two systems.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.