Home Forums SYSTEM Add component

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hi Everybody. Greetings!
      Can you people help me. I have a question you know i am testing a signal addition in WDM add component.. I have a confusion regarding the functionality of the add component. If i am transmitting a signal from the source end ( CW Laser) which is modulated ( using particular modulation scheme) and then supply this modulated signal to the add component ( whose reference wavelength is 1553nm or 193.1 THz) , Now my question is if the signal that is added by the add component is self modulated or i can change the different parameters of that signal.
      I would like to hear from you all.
      Regards
      Atul Sharma

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma..
      well this seems to be an interesting question. I would suggest you to upload your osd file. I would like to have a look at your component configuration.

All the best.

Regards
      Naazira Badar.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Naazira Badar.Greetings!
        Hello Dhiman. Good Morning!

For reference you can check the optisystem samples and find it there in WDM folder. I actually want to check the functionality of the add component. We know it simply adds a wavelength into the transmitted signal from the CW Laser. Now what about this added wavelength, can we change the modulation format of that signal only? or for that reason any other parameter.
        I hope you would have gotten my query now.
        Regards
        Atul Sharma

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,
      Are you talking about WDM add component.
      as we know that WDM Add Adds a WDM channel and a WDM signal.
      The input signals are filtered by an optical filter and are combined in one signal. The first signal is filtered by an inverse filter.
      The optical filters can be a Rectangle, Gaussian, or Bessel optical filter.
      The level of crosstalk for both MUX and DEMUX components, is defined by bandwidth, ripple, and depth of the filter. These 3 factors will determine how much power, from neighboring channels, will act as crosstalk terms when calculating the performance of a specific channel. The most important parameter is depth, as it will play the most significant role in determining the power levels of the neighboring channels.
      If we go through wdm subsystem we will see different signals at input gets first filtered and then combined together and then attenuated.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Ranjeet. Greetings!

You have not understood my query. It has to with the practical aspect. Theory i can google myself. Please try to understand the query i am asking about.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

As correctly mentioned by Ranjeet,WDM Add adds a WDM channel as well as WDM signal… Also as mentioned by Naazira please upload your .osd file so that we can suggest the meaningful suggestions to improve your design…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Sahil Singh. Greetings.

Thanks for replying but i don’t find the reply given by ranjeet very relevant. He is explaining something very different which i think is simply some explanation of some already designed module. Here i am asking a simple question about the added wavelength. It has nothing to do with multiplexers, demultiplexers , filters and their responses. I hope you try to understand my query and reply accordingly. Thanks for your anticipations anyway.
        Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hello atul sherma,,,
      well you can modal the power combiner or even circulator to doo that in any .osd file
      then check your self what are the possible change in the parametrs in the signal..
      hope you got my point..
      to me parameters will change spectrum of signal will get broad or even get distorted, power will increase

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Aasif bashir Dar. Greetings and thank you so much for showing interest.

Actually i want to merge two signal with some sort of cross modulation in an add component. If i am transmitting a signal from CW laser with NRZ then Is it possible for me to change the modulation scheme for the signal i am adding. I want to know if it is possible here. I hope i get some help regarding this. I hope you got my query.
        Regards
        Atul Sharma

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Atul,
          I guess it has been already answered.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi atul sharma,

you have posted your query in another post also….

changing parameters of Added Signal in an add component

i have posted my view there… i thing it is logically correct to check the effect of interference of one modulation with the another modualted at same or different data rates at same wvelength.

with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Aasif Bashir Dar.

It is related to cryptography and i want to see if it can be done here. I am not sure if we could use two modulation schemes at the same time for two different signals. I am mainly focusing on the add component because there we could readily add another signal. I tried to change the modulation scheme but i guess it changes globally hence changing the scheme for overall system.
      Regards
      Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Atul Sharma,

You are welcome and maybe the comment of Ranjeet was irrelevent…. I agree that the information given by Ranjeet maybe irrelevant.. But as mentioned by Aasif you have posted your query in another post.. Check the comments of aasif bashir… Maybe they will be of help to you…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Sahil Singh. Greetings!

Thanks for your interest and also for suggestions. I Posted multiple queries because there were no responses in previous threads. Anyways sorry for that. I think the new post is better and i am fine with it.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

well atul sharma,

i think you have posted you same query in multiple posts

Add component

changing parameters of Added Signal in an add component

i suggested you to fix the discusion to one post only,so that it will lead to fruit conclusion related to solution of your qurery

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Thanks for your interest and also for suggestions. I Posted multiple queries because there were no responses in previous threads. Anyways sorry for that. I think the new post is better and i am fine with it.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

any ways
      atul sharma

you are logically correct… this possible to add the two signals with different modulation schemes at the same wavelength say 193.1Thz

i suggest you also check the effect of different data rates on output

e.g take data rate of 5Gbps of one and 10 GBps another modulating signal

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello aasif. Greetings.
        Thank you for your help.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

i agree with aasif,that you also check the effect of different data rates on output… Hope it helps..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Thank you sahil singh for the suggestions.

Regards
        aatul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

You are welcome..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.